Rolling Your Way To Injury Prevention: The Benefits Of Foam Rollers
What looks like a rolled up yoga mat could actually be the smartest purchase you’ve ever made as an athlete. You can infer a lot about a foam roller just from its name. It’s a large piece of foam shaped into a cylindrical “roller.” Not convinced yet? Read below for more information about what this funny, yet ingenious tool can do for you.
What Does a Foam Roller Do?
Essentially the foam roller works to massage your body, lessen muscle pain and improve blood flow. The key is that you use your own body weight work out the “kinks” and sore spots, in your legs, back, shoulders and arms.
There are numerous ways you can use the roller to your benefit. Consider these advantages:
- Foam rollers work to break down scar tissue and soft tissue adhesion.
- A foam roller can help relieve muscle tightness or inflexibility.
- The roller massages away the buildup of fascia (soft tissues just below the skin) to help prevent injury.
- A foam roller works out areas of tightness that limit your range of motion and keep you from performing your best.
- This tool helps relieve stress. Think of a session with the foam roller as being comparable to a deep tissue massage.
- It’s hard to maintain flexibility when your muscles are tight or tense. Using the foam roller before stretching helps warm up and roll out tension, making those stretching sessions all the more impactful.
If you or a loved one experience leg pain that a foam roller can’t help, please contact Matthew Boes M.D. for pain relief and repair.
It can be difficult to write about this subject. I believe you did a terrific job though! Thanks for this!
Oh my goodness! an excellent article dude. Many thanks However I’m experiencing trouble with ur rss . Do not know why Not able to enroll in it. Will there be any person obtaining identical rss dilemma? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx
cheers for the actual article i’ve lately been on the lookout with regard to this kind of advice on the net for sum time appropriate now so many thanks
You might have talked some nice info on the topic, are you working to do a FAQ about this problem within the future, as i’ve some much more doubts that will be common to other readers.
World Facts For Children… […]here are some links to internet sites that we link to because we feel they are worth visiting[…]…
I like what you guys are up too. Such smart work and reporting! Carry on the superb works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it’ll improve the value of my web internet site
This web website is often a walk-through for all of the information you wanted concerning this and didn’t know who must. Glimpse here, and you will definitely discover it.